Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Somebody's Getting Married!!!

Look what my WONDERFUL fiancee gave me yesterday!! I am telling you I feel I am the most blessed woman in the world right now. I get scared to say anything b/c I might jinx it, but so many things are going great right now. I LOVE my new class at school. I love teaching 3rd grade. It really is a much better fit for me than 1st grade was. I feel so much more calm in every aspect of my life. I don't feel that burning desire to just go off on kids including my own kids over silly things or even not silly things. I just for some reason realize that kids are kids. I can't expect them to be grown up adults. They are going to make mistakes. The kids I teach, I can't expect the same thing from them I expect from my own child. They do not have the same up bringing (most of them) that my child has. I mean believe me not everything is roses. I am really struggling through some issues with my 5 year old and with my parents ( not the same issues!) :o) It is just amazing how I have the strength to deal with it differently than I ever have before.
About the ring, I am engaged to Jayce Powell!! What an amazing man. I had honestly given up on the idea that he existed. I met him through cycling a year ago. We started "hanging out/seeing each other" whatever you call it in November, but officially starting dating in February. I pushed him away for a long time. He would let me go for a little bit then "fight" (in a good way) to get me back. Ultimately that is what won my heart. He is a silent fighter if that makes any sense, but I needed someone to fight for me. We love each other like I have never known love. I have always known love on uneven levels, either the guy I was dating was on a pedestal, or I was to them. Jayce and I are equal. It is amazing. And you should see him with my kids, and my kids with him!! When he walks in the door they start SCREAMING his name at the top of their lungs! It is so sweet. They have so much fun together. We all have fun together. I just love the way he finds ways to help make my life easier.
Well, I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday for the 20 mile run. :o) Should be a lot of fun!! I have been eating a lot of pasta this week! I have just been craving it for some reason. I can't believe we are almost to Chicago!!! You guys are awesome!! I love every one's support!! THANK YOU!!!
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Did I Just Do What I Think I Did? said...

Congratulations Steph! That ring is beautiful! I am so happy for you. Second marriages are extremely hard but if you go into the marriage knowing how difficult it can be, it can also be wonderful!
Jana

LegalSec said...

I'm so excited for you! Looks like you got yourself a keeper! I really enjoyed meeting him at the party. I wish there had been more time to sit and visit with you both. You'll have to bring him to one of our runs. Is he going to Chicago?
Sheila

Debra said...

Wonderful news and Beautiful ring -- Wish you the best of everything!

Debra
FStop

Chicago_or_Bust said...

Way to go, Steph !

Beautiful ring. I have to heartily second what Jana said above.

Let us all know when you set a date.

Clark

Woodruff family said...

CONGRATS and the ring is just beautiful. I enjoyed meeting Jayce the other night - he is sooooo nice! Y'all are very cute together!! SO EXCITED!!

Kayra said...

Congratulations!!! Wonderful news. I'm glad you have found "the one", it makes you see life in a whole difference light. gorgeous ring, btw. See you Saturday!

The Miller's Blog said...

That is one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen!!! Congratulations. Sounds like you both will be happy together! I'm glad things are going so well for you right now! You deserve it!!!

catseye said...

Wonderful news, beautiful ring! Congratulations! I am very happy for you! Set a date yet?

Believe in Miracles ~ Lisa B Davis said...

Ditto on ALL of the above!

YEAH for you both!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Suzanne

Chuck Gautier said...

Congratulations! Don't wear that ring running, or you will surely never make it without getting a backache!

Christa said...

Chuck is funny! But seriously, congratulations Steph! Your ring is beautiful and I am very happy for you. Joyce sounds just wonderful! Congrats!

Renee Guest said...

oh my goodness - i had no idea when I ran past you on the trails this morning at 6 a.m. that you had that big ring on your finger. congratulations!!!!!!!!! I have seen him before in Indian Cycle when I have gone with Tal. I will have to speak up next time and tell him that I know his 'fiance'!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim said...

WOW! What a beautiful ring! :) You talk about Jayce the way I talk about my husband, well, except I talk about his slovenly habits, too ;). It's a DEFINITE plus that your kids adore him! CONGRATS!

Carol said...

A big old congratulations to you!