Saturday, August 11, 2007

What a week!!

Oh my goodness, where did the mack truck go? The one that just hit me? :o) My students entered my classroom for the first time this year around 7:20ish Wednesday morning. I had to be at school that morning at 7:00, Thursday morning at 7:00, and Friday morning at 7:00. I didn't leave till after 4 any day except Friday, and I got to leave at 3:30. I went to sleep Tuesday night at 7:45! :o) Marcie started Kindergarten at Ann Smith in Ridgeland Thursday! I was a basket case! She LOVED it!! It has been a crazy week. I haven't run a single day. I just couldn't I didn't have it in me. I was so worn out when I got home from school and the heat I just couldn't. I PROMISE I will start again on Monday!!! I am starting to feel the swing of things again. I LOVE my class. I only have 12 students b/c I am the class size reduction teacher! Now if we could get one for 4th grade. :o) there are only 2 teachers in that grade. One teacher has 35 students and the other teacher has 34 students. There are more than that on their rolls. meaning if the students actually show up they could have up to 38-39 students in their classes. It is a sad situation. We have little space to put the kids. Because of some law passed by Haley Barbour we cannot get another portable b/c it is a "trailer!" So, needless to say we are in a sticky situation. No teacher can teach that many students!
Hope y'all had a good run this morning! See you all next week!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I certainly understand the crazy week. Just hang in there. One week is not going to make a dent in all of your hard work so far. Suzanne

Steve & Lindz said...

You deserve some time off! I have had a couple of weeks like that where i just can't fit everything in and the running has to take a backseat. But it usually is a nice break and I feel better after a few days off. Hope school is going well!
Lindsey