Monday, January 7, 2008

Wow, has some time passed or what!!

I had it had been so long since I had posted anything on here. Life has been a bit crazy since I got home from Chicago. I really had no desire to think of anything that had to do with running. I was so upset I didn't get to finish Chicago that it hurt too much to think about it. Well, I went out to the MS Blues Marathon Saturday to cheer for the runners. I know how that made me feel in Chicago! Well, it put the fire back in me to finish a marathon. I had actually gotten to the point where I didn't care one way or the other if I did it or not. I actually think I am to the point of caring now. I mean, it was my goal for 2007. How could I let my life go on and not actually complete it. I would be cheating myself. The way I see it, I had a goal of doing a Century ride in 2006, but I fell off my bike and wasn't able to complete it. I didn't let that stop me. I just had to to April of 2007 to complete it. AND I did!! So, the same may be true about a marathon. Sometimes it takes two chances to get things done. Looks like that is the case for the two biggest athletic things I have ever set out to accomplish.
My friend Jenny Woodruff has trained with Team in Training, and her brother is a coach. So, I believe I am going to train with TNT for the June 1 Rock-N-Roll Marathon in San Diego, CA. I am pretty excited! There is an information meeting at Fleet Feet coming up soon. :o)
Well, school is back in session. My kiddos are doing fabulous!! Marcie is LOVING kindergarten!! She had her first spend the night out with a friend thing!! She had a blast! Christmas was amazing!! She was a superstar!! She is so into Hannah Montana! Clayton is into Spiderman!! It was really fun!!

3 comments:

LegalSec said...

Steph,
You just put into words exactly how I feel. I didn't complete anything in 2007 (except buying a house) but that is definitely my goal for 2008. Chicago, here I come! Good Luck in June!
Sheila

The Miller's Blog said...

Good for you, Stephanie! That is great. Thanks for coming out and supporting us! It was great seeing you!!!

Woodruff family said...

I am so proud of you! You will love TNT! It is such an awesome organization!! I can't wait. We are going to have some fun in San Diego!