Sunday, September 23, 2007

Well,

I truly enjoyed running 22 miles!! I have never been more glad to be finished with anything in my life- ok that isn't true! There are several things I have much rather been through with than running 22 miles. Like teaching 1st grade, riding my bike 100 miles, riding my bike 150 miles in 2 days to name a few! :o) I am ready for this marathon. If training for a marathon has taught me anything it has taught me there is nothing I can't do! It has also taught me there is always something worse than what I am going through at this particular moment! You all know I have patellofemoral problems in my right knee. Basically this is an alignment problem between my patella and femur. Well, after the 22 mile run, my left knee decided to join in on the fun. :o) Dr. Geissler said it was their but minimal. I may or may not feel it. Well, I feel it! So, Wayne confirmed and I am sitting out a couple days. I got another brace. PT said it would be $156 to get one just like the other one! I went to academy and got one (they approved) and they let me have the horseshoe shaped thing from another brace and some Velcro to sew in the new one!! :o) Monday I should be good to go! I will let you know. I cannot believe 2 WEEKS FROM TODAY WE WILL BE RUNNING CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so ready!!! We have come so far!
On a different note, I know we are all short on funds, but I have been trying to raise some money for the Livestrong Foundation while I am training for the marathon. That is Lance Armstrong's Cancer research foundation. If anyone is interest in donating a few bucks any little bit would help. www. livestrong.org./grassroots/smcdaniel is the website. You can put a note in memory/honor of someone if you know someone who has been affected by cancer or is a cancer survivor. :o)
See y'all Saturday. Have a great week!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hope your knees are better. We did a little over 8 miles today. I donated to Livestrong in honor of Jo Ellen Moore (my husband's sweet aunt), who's fighting breast cancer. She's doing GREAT now. :)

Steve & Lindz said...

Good luck!! Hope to see you in Chicago!!!